Enrolment & Admissions

How do I enrol my child at Hatton (Cruden) School?

If you are moving to Hatton or the nearby area and your house is within our zone, your child is entitled to a place here at Hatton (Cruden) School. This being the case, please get in touch so we can organise a time for you and your family to meet with the Headteacher and have a tour of the school.  We will work with you to ensure your child has a positive start here at Hatton (Cruden) School.

If you are joining Hatton (Cruden) School, but your child is not in P1. Please follow this Online Enrolment Form

If you live, or are going to be living outwith our zone, you can apply for an out of zone request. You can find the information on this process and download the relevant form here

When will my child start Primary 1?

Aberdeenshire Education and Children’s Services has a uniform starting date for all its schools in the middle of August in any particular year. You will be informed of this year’s starting date at the time of registering at school. Details for registration for primary one can be found using the link below.

P1 Online Registration

How will my child get to school?

Aberdeenshire Council provides free home-to-school transport for primary and secondary pupils who attend the school within their local ‘zone’ and live more than two miles from their school. This means that all in-zone pupils who live more than two miles from Hatton (Cruden) School are entitled to free transport.

Pupils who live within two miles of Hatton (Cruden) School may be able to travel on school transport at a charge. Where spare seats are available on a school transport route, parents or carers can apply for a privilege place for their child by downloading an application form. Discounts are available for pupils entitled to school clothing grants, and to families with three or more children travelling to the same school.

School Transport Contact Details:

Aberdeenshire Council

Woodhill House

Westburn Road

Aberdeen AB16 5GB

Tel. 01467 533 335